becoming.real

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Because He Cares for You

One of my favorite things to do is to wake up and begin praying even before I get out of bed. I find if I do this, I find I can really be present with God and can start my day the way God intended it to be, rather than try to fit him in after the cares and busyness of the day has slammed into me.

This morning when I woke up, I was instantly reminded of the passage of scripture that says, “Cast all of your cares upon him.” I don’t believe there are any of us who don’t have cares. The past few days especially, the cares I was facing seemed to be swelling and ready to crash down on me like a breaking tidal wave.

I went to 1Peter 5:5b-7 and read the passage: “’God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.’ Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may life you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”

As I meditated on that scripture, “Cast all your anxiety upon him because he cares for you,” I did just that. I began to tell Jesus all my cares, the things that I was worrying about. Things like where the Chi Alpha ministry was going, how do I help these students see & know God, feeling overwhelmed trying to connect to all of my family & friends, trying to pray for everybody I want to pray for, wondering about money and the future, asking where my family is going and are we fulfilling the dream God has for us.

With each anxiety in my heart that I shared with him, I felt the release and peace of his presence. I began to be aware of his care for me. Humbling myself and saying, “God, I can’t do this by myself!” I understood that coming under God’s mighty hand, his comforting presence and his care, is right where he wants me to be. He knows my cares and is right there in the middle of them desiring me to journey with Him. …Why? Because he cares for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home