becoming.real

Monday, December 04, 2006

The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone."

The past few days I have been inspired by the community of people around me. Genesis 2 talks aobut God creating and after he created man he saw that it was not good for man to be alone. I have been realizing this more and more lately. Even though our world population is increasing and there are more people around us every day it is funny that more people than ever are feeling alone. I think about Adam & Eve when they first sinned and recognized their nakedness, they felt ashamed and hid from each other and God. It's no different today. We so often feel naked and ashamed, so we don't open up to those around us. It takes an effort to do this.

The past couple of days, I have seen a glimpse of what deep community can be and what a gift from God it is. After our Sunday church gathering this week, our church board met (which I am a part of). There were eight of us in a room together talking about Jesus and how to impact our city and our world together. We dreamed and cried out to God. I left the three hour meeting refreshed, encouraged and excited about what God wants to do at Hillside Community Church and in my life.

I've also spent more time lately talking with Lindsey, my incredible wife, about the things of God and his heart for those around us. I can't wait to experience and live more of the blessing God intended marriage to be as Lindsey & I continue this journey together!

It is not good for us to be alone. Life is meant to be shared with others. Open up and share it!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home