becoming.real

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Looking Back
I'm still on the challenges kick and thinking about being and living different. So often I get frustrated with the present struggles and failures I have. I wish I could be perfect, but I realize I am not. I've given up trying to seem perfect and all together. What a freedom that comes with that! But there is still the frustration with why it seems like I still struggle with things I've wanted to change. However, as I begin to look back at where I was a month or year or five years ago, I realize I have changed! I am encouraged to look back and celebrate the progress and grace God has given. I can't just look at the now, but need to see how it compares with the past. If I'm moving forward that's a good thing and something to celebrate. If I'm not moving forward, then I need to reassess where I'm at and make changes. Life isn't always easy, but I'm learning to enjoy it more and face the challenges with a new mindset. Life would be boring if every thing were easy. I'm not a glutton for punishment, but I don't want to be an avoider of challenges and let life pass me by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home