becoming.real

Thursday, March 01, 2007

I'm 8 again!
Where did February go? It's March 1 and as I sit here typing it is a blizzard with whiteout conditions outside. UMD is the only school open today. Right now life feels like a white out where you can only blink your eyes and catch a glimpse of what's going on around you. I'm so thankful for those moments you have in life that remind you to slow down and to enjoy it...we only get to live it once.

One of those moments came this past weekend after finally the first substantial snow storm of the year. Lindsey & I were at her parents home with her sisters watching the snow pile up all weekend. Finally, Sunday morning the snow & wind stopped, so we headed outside to the snowpiles the plows left at the edge of the church parking lot next door. We got our boots, hats & gloves on, grabbed the sleds and headed out to play. It had been years since I last sledded. As we played king of the hill and Lindsey & her sisters tried to drag me off the top, I had a realization. I felt like I was 8 again, not 28! Here were four adults over 25 playing on a snowpile, living up life like we were kids again. I thank God for those moments in life that remind us to smile and remember what's important to us and what we're living for.

Unfortunately the dream ended when we got home and had to plow our driveway out. We're waiting to do that again when the snow stops in a couple of days. But on the other side of the plowing, will be breaking the sleds out and playing again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home